Allure Magazine this month featured 39 great tips to boost your self-confidence. For those of you familiar with the Happiness Prescription, you know that believing in yourself is a vital component to being happy.
Many thanks to Danielle Pergament for including me in this wonderful article! Here are my top 7 favorites (but they are all good, so go buy the magazine and learn all 39 for yourself 🙂
- Accept Praise: Just say “thank you” when someone gives you a compliment; don’t act like it is a challenge for a debate
- Meditate: Tons of research shows how helpful mediation is for our well-being. And, having recently completed my training in Transcendental meditation, I can tell you: this stuff is awesome!
- Stop Envy: Be happy for those around you, not in competition for what they have
- Workout: Looking for a “Magic Pill?” Exercise is just the thing! It boosts confidence, positive mood, creativity, productivity…
- Don’t Exaggerate Your Mistakes: You are your toughest critic, so stop. Be as nice to yourself as you are your best friend. Imagine how good that will feel.
- Put on Lipstick (or whatever else helps you feel good): When we feel comfortable on the outside, the confidence seeps into our minds, too
- Volunteer: Reaching out and helping others helps us feel better about ourselves and our lives.
So try any of these confidence boosters today & let us know how they feel.